Fill Our Staplers Day
During the second Monday of March, there’s a day celebrated that encourages people to make sure that their stapler is full and ready for work. This day is known as Fill Our Staplers Day. Every year in the U.S., approximately $80 million of staplers are sold to the public.
And these staplers find their way into people’s homes, home offices, and businesses. They’re an important tool for fastening papers together, but they’re only useful if they’re equipped with staples. If they’re not, then they’re basically just an expensive paperweight. So for goodness sake, check your stapler on this holiday and make sure it’s fully equipped with staples.
The History Of Fill Our Staplers Day
Where did this holiday come from? We’re currently unsure of its exact origins, but we can speculate that it was probably invented by someone with an empty stapler. This person, who was most likely a temporary worker, was appalled that the stapler he (or she) was given didn’t have enough staplers in it for them to do their job.
Of course, this is all speculation as we still can’t uncover exactly where this holiday came from. We’ll continue to search through and if we find out anything new, we’ll be sure to update everyone.
Some Quick Facts About Staplers
Below are some quick facts about staplers that we would like everyone to take a look at. Although this office tool has been used by everyone at least once in their life, we’re willing to bet that few people actually know anything about it. That’s why we did a little bit of research and came up with the following facts below.
- It’s believed that the first stapler was invented during the 18th century for French king Louis XV in France.
- Staplers are used in hospitals, offices, and schools all over the world. They have even been used by surgeons to close up wounds.
- The first commercially available stapler was designed by American George McGill in the 19th century.
- There are both manual and electric staplers being sold nowadays.
- Other names for staplers include staple binders, paper fasteners, and staple drivers.
Observing Fill Our Staplers Day
What’s the best way to observe Fill Our Staplers Day? Well, the best way is probably by making sure that your stapler is filled, especially if that stapler is borrowed and you intend on returning it on this day. People can also buy each other’s new staplers, or spread the word about this holiday online using the hashtag #FillOurStaplersDay.