National Learning And Development Month
October is National Learning and Development Month. The purpose of this month is to encourage parents to focus on their child’s education and how it affects their development. However, this month’s purpose goes beyond the education of children. It’s also a month for adults to look at their own skills and development and improve themselves where possible.
It’s beneficial to people to continue their education journey for their entire life. It not only helps them advance in their career but also helps to keep them growing and evolving. This is a month for everyone to maximize their potential by doing what they can do to keep learning.
The History of National Learning And Development Month
This month was created by the Academy of Learning and Development in Orlando, Florida in 2016. They created this month to encourage people to continue their education all throughout their lives. Since this month’s creation, it has encouraged people from all walks of life to improve themselves through education.
Interesting Facts About Learning
We can’t cover a month called National Learning and Development Month without taking the time to actually talk about learning. That’s why we decided to look up some facts on the subject and list them below for everyone to appreciate. Let’s check out the following bullet points and learn more about learning!
- All throughout a person’s life, their brain is changing.
- During a person’s 30s and 40s, they’re brain begins to shrink.
- When the brain gets bored with a particular project or subject, it will divert blood flow area from the areas responsible for processing that information.
- Learning new things help brain cells work more efficiently.
- The human brain stores new information while a person sleeps. That’s why lack of sleep has a negative effect on memory.
- When the human brain is damaged, it’s capable of adapting and shifting some tasks to other areas of the brain.
- Learning new skills and information can help prevent cognitive decline in older adults.
- Stress can have a negative effect on a person’s ability to learn.
- Making mistakes is an important part of learning and giving students permission to make mistakes can actually improve their ability to learn.
Observing National Learning And Development Month
Devoting yourself to your own education, as well as your children’s education development is the main way to observe this month. However, education development may mean different things to different people.
For some people, it may be attending college classes or an online course. For other people, it may be to read more. There’s really no wrong answer as long as you work towards bettering yourself. And while you’re doing that, don’t forget to use the hashtag #LearningAndDevelopmentMonth to let us all know how it’s going.