After spending a hectic day getting your taxes filed in time for the April 15th deadline, it’s time to enjoy the day after by celebrating Wear Pajamas To Work Day. This holiday is celebrated on April 16th and encourages everyone to go to work while wearing their favorite pair of pajamas. Of course, if a person does that they’re going to want to make sure their boss is okay with the idea. Fortunately, there are plenty of bosses who are okay with this holiday and allow their employees to be a little more relaxed while they’re working.
The History Of Wear Pajamas To Work Day
This holiday has been around for quite a few years and can be traced all the way back to 2004. This is when Pajamagram launched an advertising campaign that encouraged people to wear their pajamas to work. It was intended to be a one-off campaign, but people liked the idea so much they have celebrated it ever since.
Facts About Pajamas
While we were researching this holiday, we came across some interesting facts about pajamas. Although most people give little thought to their pajamas—unless they’re scratchy or need to be washed—pajamas are actually an interesting item of clothing that’s worth a closer examination.
- It’s believed that pajamas go back to the Ottoman Empire and were first invented in India.
- Pajamas could’ve also originated during that time in Turkey or Iran.
- In Southern Asia, pajamas are often called “Night Suits.” This is also their name in parts of Africa.
- The largest footed PJ party in the world was held on March 11, 2012, in Texas. 309 adults attended.
- During the 1920s, some people would wear their pajamas to the beach.
- Prior to the 1950s, flapjacks on pajamas were common to make it easier for the user to use the bathroom.
- Pajamas originally began as only loose pants tied at the waist.
- During the 17th century, pajamas were introduced to England as lounging attire. They quickly fell out of fashion.
- At the beginning of the 20th century, pajamas were reintroduced as women’s sleepwear.
Celebrating Wear Pajamas To Work Day
Celebrating Wear Pajamas To Work Day is as easy as wearing your PJs to work—with your bosses’ blessings of course. It’s also a good day to use the hashtag #WearPJToWorkDay on your social media accounts to encourage other people to celebrate this day as well. After all, there are few things better than being able to go to work wearing your pajamas and not get stared at for doing so. It’s just a shame that all of us can’t wear our pajamas to work every day of the year.
When is Wear Pajamas To Work Day?
|This year (2023)||April 16 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2024)||April 16 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2022)||April 16 (Saturday)||Multiple dates - more|