National Be A Millionaire Day
National Be a Millionaire Day is a holiday that plays into all of our hopes and dreams. Everyone who isn’t currently worth more than a million dollars has probably dreamed of entering the elusive ranks of those who have. And while that might not be possible for everyone, this is the one day of the year that we can all dream about it.
It’s also a good day for people to begin planning on how they’re going to make that big stack of dollar bills. So everyone who wants to turn their dreams into a million dollars might want to celebrate this holiday on the 20th of May each year.
Interesting Facts About Millionaires
Okay, now that we covered the basic premise of this holiday, it’s time to turn our attention to some of the facts that we’ve gathered about millionaires. In the end, anyone who wants to be a millionaire should know something about them. Don’t you agree?
- The average millionaire will go bankrupt 3-4 times during their life.
- Only about 1 out of 855 people are millionaires.
- A new millionaire is “minted” every 60-hours.
- Half of all millionaires own their own business or are self-employed.
- Only 20% of millionaires retire. 80% of them continue to work.
- At the turn of the 20th century, there were only 5,000 millionaires.
- As of 2021, there were more than 56 million millionaires in the world.
- As of 2021, 21.9 million millionaires live in the United States.
- The average millionaire doesn’t become one until the age of 54-years.
Observing National Be A Millionaire Day
While it’s perfectly okay to celebrate this holiday by just dreaming about being a millionaire, many people are going to try to make that dream a reality. And one way that can be done is by working towards saving more money than you spend.
People can also make sure that they are investing their money well. And while they’re working towards that first million, people should use the hashtag #NationalBeAMillionaireDay on their social media accounts.