National Herbs And Spices Day
Without herbs and spices, our meals would be extremely dull. Can you imagine how bland food would be if we didn’t have them to add to our dishes during cooking? It would be a nightmare. Humanity has been using herbs and spices for thousands of years to elevate cooking, and that hasn’t changed. So, if you’re grateful for all the good food you can enjoy thanks to these ingredients, we recommend that you celebrate National Herbs and Spices Day on June 10th. Let’s give thanks to the ingredients that make our daily lives very tasty indeed.
Amazing Facts About Herbs & Spices
Ready for some amazing herb and spice facts? We know you are, and that’s why we’ve compiled a list of some of the most astonishing ones below.
- The word “herb” comes from the Latin word “herba,” meaning green stalks or grass.
- The written study of herbs dates back over 5,000 years to the Sumerians.
- In 3,000 B.C., the Egyptians had herbalist schools.
- Rosemary has long been a symbol of fertility and marriage.
- Pepper plants originally grew in tropical southern India.
Observing National Herbs and Spices Day
We think the best way to celebrate National Herbs and Spices Day is by taking the time to become a spice connoisseur. Learn more about spices and experiment with them in the kitchen. Learn how to buy the best spices available and consider planting your own herb garden. It’s also a good day to check your pantry and make sure that you have some of the essential spices. As you celebrate this holiday, be sure to use the hashtag #NationalHerbAndSpicesDay on social media to spread the word.