National Smile Power Day is a holiday observed on the 15th of June every year and is a day where people can use the power of their smiles to make a difference in the lives of others. What does that mean? That means that people can smile at the people with who they come into contact with and that smile can end up making a huge difference in these people’s lives. Studies have shown that giving a smile to another human being can make them feel better, improve their morale, and even build their confidence. And who wouldn’t want to do that for another human being?
Facts About Smiles
Now that everyone knows this holiday, it’s time to talk about the power of smiles. Even though most people give them little thought, they are actually one of the most powerful tools that people have in their social arsenal. Don’t believe me? Well, let’s take a look at some interesting facts about smiles and what makes them some incredible social gestures.
- Smiling is one of the first facial expressions that babies learn to do.
- According to experts, there are almost 20 different types of smiles.
- Studies have shown that smiling can have a beneficial effect on people’s health.
- Smiling has been shown in several studies to reduce stress.
- Smiling is universal around the world.
- Almost 3/4ths of people believe that a bad smile can hurt their career.
- Smiling regularly can increase a person’s chances of living longer.
- People who smile are often viewed as being confident.
- Smiling can use up to 53 different facial muscles.
- The average woman smiles over 60+ times a day.
- The average man smiles less than 10 times a day.
- Half of the people you smile at will smile back at you.
- Smiling can make a person look younger.
- Smiling has been shown to boost a person’s immune system.
- Smiling has been shown by some studies to reduce a person’s blood pressure.
How To Celebrate National Smile Power Day
Do you want to celebrate National Smile Power Day? Well, if you do, then you can do so in numerous ways. For one, you can simply go around and give out smiles to everyone you come into contact with the day. Two, you can tell people jokes and try to get them to smile, or three, you can make a list of things that make you happy. While you’re celebrating this holiday, be sure to use the hashtag #NationalSmilePowerDay to share it with everyone on the Internet.
When is National Smile Power Day?
|This year (2021)||June 15 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2022)||June 15 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2020)||June 15 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|