For people who aren’t familiar with Stewart’s Root Beer, then National Stewart’s Root Beer Day is a holiday that isn’t going to mean much to them. This holiday is one that’s observed annually on June 17th and celebrates this particular type of root beer—although we don’t see why root beer lovers of all types couldn’t also enjoy this day.
What’s so special about Stewart’s Root Beer? Well, it’s a root beer that’s been around since 1924 and it’s widely considered to be one of the best root beer brands that are still in production. So on this holiday, everyone is encouraged to grab a frosty mug of root beer and drink it with friends and family members.
Some Frosty Facts About Root Beer
We think it’s safe to say that all of us have enjoyed root beer at some point in our lives. We also think it’s safe to say that most people don’t know a lot about its history or how it’s made. And that’s why we’ve decided to list some of the amazing root beer facts that we’ve uncovered and list them below.
- Root beer was originally made out of 16 roots and herbs—including Sassafras.
- Approximately 3% of America’s soft drink market is dedicated to root beers.
- Sassafras was discovered to be a carcinogen in 1960 and was banned by the FDA.
- All modern root beers use artificial flavoring instead of Sassafras.
- The number one selling root beer brand is A&W.
- A&W was created by Roy Allen and Frank Wright in 1922.
- Stewart’s Root Beer was founded in 1924.
- National International Root Beer Float Day is celebrated on August 6th.
Observing National Stewart’s Root Beer Day
Obviously, you’re supposed to grab a Stewart’s Root Beer and enjoy it on this day, but if you can’t find this particular brand, then you can feel free to grab whatever root beer you can find. You can also feel free to spread the word about this holiday using the hashtag #NationalStewartsRootBeerDay on your social media posts.
When is National Stewart’s Root Beer Day?
|This year (2023)||June 17 (Saturday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2024)||June 17 (Monday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2022)||June 17 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|