Sing Out Day
Sing Out Day is a holiday that’s observed annually on May 25th and encourages everyone to sing out. It doesn’t matter if a person is a professional singer, or couldn’t carry a tune with a bucket, it’s important for everyone to show off their unique vocal capabilities.
After all, you don’t have to be a full-time singer to show off your style and personality by singing one of your favorite songs. All the world is indeed a stage, and we’re all audience members to one another, so go out there and give us a show.
The History Of Sing Out Day
It’s currently unknown when Sing Out Day was first created, but we believe that it’s been around for quite a few years now. We will continue to dig into the origins of this holiday and will update this section as necessary, but at this time we don’t have all the answers we need to list a definitive date on this holiday’s origin.
Amazing Facts About Singing
Below are just a few of the facts about singing that we came across while researching Sing Out Day. We gathered up the facts that were the most interesting and we listed them below for everyone’s enjoyment.
- Vocal cords work best when tight—unlike other muscles in the human body.
- Sound comes out of a singing person’s mouth at a speed of 750 miles per hour.
- Singing in groups has been scientifically proven to make individual people feel better.
- It’s easier for a person to sing while they’re standing than while they’re sitting down.
- With practice, 98% of people on the planet could possibly carry a tune.
Observing Sing Out Day
Organize a karaoke, sing out in the shower, or sing for yourself on your way to work. Those are just a few ways for people to celebrate this holiday. People can also encourage friends, family members, and complete strangers on the Internet using the hashtag #SingOutDay on their social media accounts.