Cranky Co-Workers Day is a holiday that’s observed annually on the 27th of October and honors those co-workers who are always complaining and are just in a generally bad mood.
This is a day when everyone can take some time away from these co-workers, can take the time to walk in their shoes and see if their complaints have merit, or for workers to become just as miserable as them — at least for a day.
After all, just about every single one of us has had a workplace complaint that we felt people weren’t listening about, so why not take the time and voice your opinion?
The History Of Cranky Co-Workers Day
This holiday has been around for a little while and it was originally created by Wellcat.com. This website basically sells potpourri, essential oils, perfumes, aromatherapy blends, and other products, but they also create wacky holidays as well.
Some of the weird holidays that they’ve created include Dimpled Chad Day, Who Shall I Be Day?, For Pete’s Sake Day, and Be a Dork Day. This is just another weird holiday that they created and people continue to observe.
Some Amazing Job Satisfaction Statistics
Since we’re on the subject of complaining at the workplace, we thought that we’d do a little bit of research and find out a little bit more about who’s complaining and what they’re complaining about. What we uncovered was the following list of facts. Facts that we found to be quite informative and hope that our readers will as well.
- Approximately 3 out of 4 working professionals say more work benefits would increase their job satisfaction.
- Approximately half of U.S workers say they get a sense of identity from their job.
- Approximately 13% of employed Americans are disengaged at work. Something that’s called “Quiet Quitting.”
- Employees treated with respect by their employers are 64% more likely to be satisfied with their jobs.
- Approximately 61% of employees with an income under $30,000 say they are very satisfied with their family lives.
- Approximately 80% of employees with an income of $75,000 say they are satisfied with their family lives.
Observing Cranky Co-Workers Day
As we said earlier, people can choose the way they spend their day. They can embrace the griping of their co-workers, they can become the cranky co-worker in their office, or they can simply take the day off.
After all, who wants to listen to all that complaining? No matter what a person chooses to do, however, they should do it while using the hashtag #CrankyCoWorkersDay on social media. Oh great, now none of us can get away from co-workers’ complaints!
When is Cranky Co-Workers Day?
|This year (2023)||October 27 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2024)||October 27 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2022)||October 27 (Thursday)||Multiple dates - more|