According to the dictionary, “fun” is something that is a lighthearted pleasure, something that’s entertaining and amusing, or something that is viewed as enjoyable. It also means a joke or tease. So as you can probably see, the 1st of April seems like the perfect time for a holiday aptly known as National Fun Day.
This holiday encourages people to get the most out of their life by doing something they find to be fun. And since fun also means a tease or joke, and because it is also April Fool’s Day, this might be the perfect time to pull a prank on a friend or loved one. After all, that’s fun, too.
The History Of Fun Day
At this time, we don’t know who invented Fun Day. We also don’t know why it was invented, although we do have our suspicions. In our opinion, this holiday probably grew right out of April Fool’s Day.
Maybe as a way to enjoy the holiday without having to pull a prank on someone else. Regardless of why this holiday was celebrated, however, it’s clear that this day will probably never be as popular as the holiday it shares the day with. That’s okay, some holidays are better when they’re only observed by a small number of people.
Some Random Fun Facts For Everyone’s Enjoyment
Now that we’ve explored the foundational base of Fun Day, we thought that it would be appropriate to list some of the fun facts that we’ve learned while we were researching this holiday and other holidays. The following list is basically a list of all of the fun facts that we couldn’t use for other holiday articles but feel that they should be enjoyed by someone. So, let’s take a few moments to take a look at them.
- Three U.S Presidents died on July 4th. Presidents John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe.
- The oldest person to have ever lived is Jeanne Louise Calment. A French woman who died at the age of 122 in 1997.
- Chillicothe Baking Company in Missouri was the first company to use a machine to make sliced bread to sell in the 1920s.
- Polar bears actually have black skin. And polar bear hair is actually clear. It only appears white because it reflects light.
- Mosquitoes kill more people in the world than any other creature due to the diseases they spread.
- The first movie to show a flushing toilet was Psycho.
- A human heart will pump more than 2.5 billion times over the course of 70 years.
Observing Fun Day
Let’s see, how should we observe this holiday? Oh, we know. How about spending the day having some fun? After all, fun is what’s featured in the name. So we encourage everyone to do the things that they find to be fun. What would that be? We don’t know because we don’t know you personally.
Perhaps you love to watch classic movies such as Casablanca, The Godfather, or Dazed and Confused. Maybe it’s listening to music, going for a hike, or having a friend over for a dinner party. Whatever it is, just make sure that it’s fun and you’re enjoying yourself. Those are the only prerequisites for this holiday.
We also encourage people to spread the word about this holiday using the hashtag #FunDay. Let us all let other people that April 1st isn’t just a day for playing pranks, but is also a day dedicated to fun. We feel everyone should have fun on this day and follow their dreams. We know that’s exactly what we’re going to do. What’s fun for us? Well, writing more holiday articles for our readers, of course.