National Medical Assistants Recognition Day is a holiday that’s observed on the Wednesday of the third week in October every year. This holiday observes and honors the work that medical assistants do each and every day around the U.S. What are some of the tasks performed by medical assistants?
Well, there is often a broad sweep of duties they’re responsible for performing and these duties may include scheduling appointments, performing data entry duties, obtaining blood samples, answering phone calls, measuring vital signs, and entering the data into a database, and cleaning exam rooms. As it can be seen clearly, their job is extremely vital to how medical offices run and the quality of care that patients receive.
Interesting Facts About Medical Assistants
We wanted to highlight the important duties of medical assistants and we thought the best way to do that was by providing some additional facts about them below. The following facts about medical assistants should underline the importance of this profession and how important they are to every medical office.
- Medical assistants perform jobs that range from academic to hands-on.
- Medical assistants are extremely important to doctors who rely on them for preparing both the clinic and the patient.
- Medical assistants often have to be proficient with computers and IT technology to properly do their job.
- Medical assistant training can take anywhere from 8-months to 2-years—depending on the degree.
- The BLS reported that medical assistants earned an hourly wage of approximately $16.93 in 2019.
Observing National Medical Assistants Recognition Day
This is a great day to thank the medical assistants that work at a medical office that you go to. Or, if you’d prefer, it’s a good day to give a shout-out to medical professionals online using the hashtag #MedicalAssistantsRecognitionDay. This is also a good day for people who are thinking about working towards becoming a medical assistant themselves to go ahead and take the plunge.
When is Medical Assistants Recognition Day?
|This year (2022)||October 19 (Wednesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2023)||October 18 (Wednesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2021)||October 20 (Wednesday)||Multiple dates - more|