It’s pretty easy to see just how quickly technology has changed the world. From the rise of the automobile to the rise of the Internet, technology has revolutionized every aspect of human life. So it seems like a good idea to at least acknowledge that fact. One holiday that serves as a way not only to acknowledge the importance of technology but to also celebrate it is National Technology Day. This is a day that is observed on January 6th and encourages all of us to think about how technology has improved all of our lives.
The History of National Technology Day
National Technology Day is a holiday that was first invented by a company called AXEL in 2016. Since then, the importance of this holiday has spread and more people are beginning to think about celebrating it.
Some Fun Facts About Technology
Are you looking for some facts about technology? If you are, then you might want to read the following points that we gathered during our research for National Technology Day. Let’s explore these facts together to see how much technology has changed our lives, how far it’s come and just how much fun it can be.
- Personal computers during the 1950s were often referred to as “Electronic Brains.”
- Every month, over 6,000+ new viruses are released on the Internet.
- When the Apple II was released, it had a 5-megabyte hard drive.
- Today’s 1-terabyte hard drives are 200,000 times larger than those early Apple II hard drives.
- The TRS-80 computer was a home-based computer that used the Motorola 6809E processor.
- Contrary to popular myth, the QWERTY keyboard wasn’t designed to slow typists down.
- On April 8, 1971, the Internet was 6,548 days old.
- On April 8, 2021, the Internet was 11,715 days old.
- The original name of Windows 1.0 was Interface Manager.
- Approximately a third of Internet traffic is composed of malicious phishing programs, hacking programs, and spammers.
Observing National Technology Day
National Technology Day can be observed by thinking about technology. Not only the impact it has had on society, but also the impact it has had on your personal life. It’s also a good day to celebrate technology and to spread the word about it by using the hashtag #NationalTechnologyDay on social media.
When is National Technology Day?
|This year (2022)||January 6 (Thursday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2023)||January 6 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2021)||January 6 (Wednesday)||Multiple dates - more|