National Coffee Milkshake Day
National Coffee Milkshake Day is a day that’s obviously designed for people who like their desserts to be highly caffeinated. This holiday somehow manages to combine the pleasures of coffee with the pleasures of a milkshake, and is able to pull it off. So, if you’re looking for a milkshake that’s not only delicious but will keep you awake, then make sure to grab yourself a coffee milkshake on this holiday, a holiday that’s observed on July 26th every year.
The History Of The Milkshake
The term milkshake was first used in print in 1885 to describe an alcoholic drink that was technically a type of eggnog. This drink was made with eggs, whiskey, and other ingredients such as seltzer water. Eventually, the term would be transferred from these “hard” drinks to drinks that were made with vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry syrups. These new treats became popular around the turn of the 20th century and it wasn’t long before people asked for them to be served with ice cream.
Like the whiskey-eggnogs of the previous century, however, most of them were more like eggnog than modern milkshakes. They were a mix of crushed ice, milk, various flavored syrups, and sugar. It wouldn’t be until the invention of the drink mixer in 1910 by Hamilton Beach that they became more like the milkshakes we enjoy to this day. By the 1930s, these “milkshakes” became very popular at malt shops.
Facts About Coffee
Now that we learned a little bit about the history of the milkshake, it’s time to turn our attention to coffee. We decided the best way to approach this was to list some of the best coffee facts we could find and that’s exactly what we did.
- Coffee dates back to the 9th century.
- Coffee beans are really seeds of berries that are like cherries.
- Most of the coffee grown in the world is grown in Brazil.
- Hawaii and California are the only two U.S States that produce coffee.
- Throughout history, there have been various people and organizations who have tried to ban coffee.
- It would take approximately 30 cups of coffee, depending on your weight, to get a lethal dose of caffeine.
- Research has shown that moderate coffee consumption can lead to a longer life span.
- The word coffee comes from the Arabic word for wine.
- Coffee milkshakes are some of the best milkshakes around.
Observing National Coffee Milkshake Day
National Coffee Milkshake Day is a holiday that’s easy to observe. All you have to do is to make yourself one of the many coffee milkshake recipes that can be found online. With the variety of different coffee types and ice cream types, you can make a coffee milkshake that’s truly unique to you. While you’re whipping up milkshakes, don’t forget to use the hashtag #NationalCoffeeMilkshakeDay with a picture of what you’ve made.