National Dog Mom’s Day
National Dog Mom’s Day is a holiday that celebrates women who treat their pets so well they treat them as they would their own child. Dog mamas want to make sure their dogs lack nothing and have the best food, shelter, toys, and medical care available.
This holiday is observed on the second Saturday in May every year and gives pet owners another opportunity to shower their fur babies with the love, adulation, and adoration they deserve. Whether that means cooking their dogs some homemade dog biscuits or just giving them a few extra hugs, this holiday is one that’s sure to strengthen the bond between dog moms and their fur babies.
The History of National Dog Mom’s Day
This holiday was created by a company that makes a dating app that allows people to find a significant other who is also a dog person. The app is called Dig and it brands itself as the Dog Person’s Dating App. They created this holiday in 2018 to help dog moms stay in their dogs’ good graces.
Some Very Interesting Facts About Dogs
We’ve decided that dog moms everywhere would probably love to hear some fun facts about dogs, so we’ve listed some below.
- Approximately 70% of people sign their dogs’ names on holiday cards.
- Research shows that the sound of a human yawning can trigger a dog to yawn as well.
- Dogs can see both yellow and blue, so they are not completely colorblind.
- Dogs have only 1,700 taste buds. Humans have approximately 5,000 to 10,000.
- Dogs have about 300 million scent receptors in their noses. Humans have only 5 million.
- All puppies are born deaf.
Observing National Dog Mom’s Day
Perhaps they just set aside the day to give the dog all the cuddles and belly rubs they want. All that matters is that the owner and pet connect with one another on this day. While dog moms are connecting with their pets, they can also use the hashtag #NationalDogMomsDay to connect with other dog moms around the world.