National Lash Day
National Lash Day is a holiday that’s celebrated annually on February 19th and is a day on which people can celebrate both natural and false eyelashes. Products for keeping eyelashes looking the best are some of the most popular products in the entire cosmetic industry, so evidently a lot of people are concerned with how their eyelashes look. Since that is evidently the case, people might want to take the time to celebrate this holiday and make sure that their own eyelashes are on point.
The History Of National Lash Day
Even though you would think that this is a holiday that would’ve been around for a while, especially since cosmetics for eyelashes have been around since ancient Egypt, the fact of the matter is that it was only invented in 2015. This is when House Of Lashes created this holiday to bring attention to this part of a person’s face.
Fun Facts About Eyelashes
Although eyelashes are not something that most people would think are a very interesting part of a person’s face, they actually are quite fascinating. We know because we spent a considerable amount of time researching eyelashes in all of their glory. And we took some of the most fascinating facts we could find about eyelashes and collected them all together in the following list.
- Babies start growing eyelashes before they’re born.
- Eyelashes grown in three stages: the anagen, the catagen, and the telogen stages.
- Only mammals have eyelashes.
- Eyelashes serve the purpose of protecting our eyes against dirt, germs, and foreign objects.
- Eyelashes are 97% keratin and 3% water.
- Eyelashes have been styled for at least 4,000 years.
- The ancient Egyptians used to use Kohl (crushed stibnite) for styling their eyelashes.
- Tiny mites live on everyone’s eyelashes. They’re called Demodex and they help to keep the lashes clean.
- Eyelashes tend to thin as a person gets older.
- Eyelash curlers can fracture eyelashes.
- The longest eyelashes ever measured are 4-inches. They were grown by a woman in China.
- The average eyelash length is 10mm or about 0.39th of an inch.
- Eyelashes fall out and are replenished by the body every 150-days on average.
- Eating salmon, eggs, almonds, walnuts, beans, and avocados can help with eyelash health.
Celebrating National Lash Day
Celebrating National Lash Day is as easy as paying your lashes some extra attention. You can eat foods that help to promote healthy lashes and can use the day to style your lashes. It’s also a good day to go out and buy the best eyelash products that you can buy. After you’ve done all of that, you can then snap pictures of your now perfect eyelashes and post them on social media using the hashtag #NationalLashDay so everyone can see them.