National Lazy Mom’s Day
All year long, moms work their fingers to the bone to make sure that their families are taken care of. Some of them head to work every day to bring in the family’s cash, and others work in the home making sure everything is in order. And she does it without stopping for special occasions or holidays. Maybe that should change.
Perhaps she should get a special day of her own where she kicks up her feet and allows her family to take care of her for a change. Fortunately, someone invented that holiday and it’s known as National Lazy Mom’s Day. This holiday is observed annually on September 2nd and encourages every mom in the country to take a day off.
Some Interesting Facts About Moms
Below are some interesting facts about moms that we’ve recently learned. We think the following facts will underline just how important and special moms are.
- Women who are pregnant with boys may become more nauseous than moms carrying girls.
- There are over 2-billion human moms in the world.
- Elephants mothers nurse their calves for up to 6-years.
- Octopus moms will guard their eggs up to 40-days—not even leaving to get food.
- Alligator moms will carry babies in their mouths to keep them safe from predators.
- In 1994, the median age for women becoming mothers in the U.S was 23-years of age.
- In 2014, the median age for women becoming mothers in the U.S was 26-years of age.
Observing National Lazy Moms Day
On this day, moms should do nothing for the household. They should take the opportunity to put up their feet and enjoy the day. Let other people in the household handle laundry, dishes, or organizing the family’s busy schedule.
It’s a day for moms to do nothing but relax. The only thing that they should absolutely do is to let the world know what they’re planning to do for their day off by posting it on the Internet using the hashtag #NationalLazyMomsDay.