National Lazy Mom’s Day
All year long, moms work their fingers to the bone to ensure that their families are well taken care of. Some head to work every day to bring in the family’s income, while others work at home to keep everything in order. And she does it without pausing for special occasions or holidays. Maybe that should change.
Perhaps she deserves a special day of her own where she can kick up her feet and allow her family to take care of her for a change. Fortunately, someone invented such a holiday, and it’s known as National Lazy Mom’s Day. This holiday is observed annually on September 2nd and encourages every mom in the country to take a day off.
Some Interesting Facts About Moms
Below are some interesting facts about moms that we’ve recently learned. We think these facts will underline just how important and special moms are.
- Women who are pregnant with boys may become more nauseous than those carrying girls.
- There are over 2 billion human moms in the world.
- Elephant mothers nurse their calves for up to 6 years.
- Octopus moms will guard their eggs for up to 40 days—not even leaving to get food.
- Alligator moms carry their babies in their mouths to keep them safe from predators.
- In 1994, the median age for women becoming mothers in the U.S. was 23 years of age.
- In 2014, the median age for women becoming mothers in the U.S. was 26 years of age.
Observing National Lazy Mom’s Day
On this day, moms should do nothing for the household. They should take the opportunity to put their feet up and enjoy the day. Let other people in the household handle laundry, dishes, or organizing the family’s busy schedule.
It’s a day for moms to do nothing but relax. The only thing they should absolutely do is let the world know what they’re planning to do for their day off by posting it on the internet using the hashtag #NationalLazyMomsDay.