National Salesperson Day is a holiday that falls on the second Friday in December and is intended as a way for people to think about the salespeople they are likely to have considerable contact with during the extremely busy holiday season. An experienced salesperson is able to make shopping not only a lot easier but a lot more fun as well, so why not recognize their achievements on this day by thanking them in person or giving them a shout-out on social media.
The History Of National Salesperson Day
National Salesperson Day is a holiday that was originally founded by Maria Schreier-Fleming in 2000. However, this holiday wasn’t placed on the second Friday in December at the time. Instead, it was placed in March. It wouldn’t be until 2011 that the holiday was moved to December to coincide with the holiday season.
Interesting Facts About Sales & Salespeople
We thought that it might be fun to include some facts about sales and salespeople since this holiday is known as National Salesperson Day. So we hit the Internet and put in the research to find the most interesting facts available. And the following nuggets of knowledge really interested us, and that’s why we’re sharing them below.
- Only a third of inside salespeople’s time is spent actively selling their business’s products.
- Sales representatives help to build and maintain relationships between the store and the customers.
- The median salary for a retail salesperson in the U.S is $25,250 as of 2021.
- The best salespeople make a connection with their customers.
- In 2018, retail sales in the U.S exceeded the $6 trillion mark.
- Three-fourths of customers prefer to buy from brands that personalize their purchase experience.
- Over half of all Americans prefer online shopping to shopping in person.
- The retail industry is the largest private-sector employer in the United States.
- Over 70% of customers will use several different channels in which to shop.
Observing National Salesperson Day
As we said in the intro, if you’re out shopping on this day and have encountered a salesperson who has done their job especially well, then why not give them heartfelt thanks for what they do. Or, if you don’t intend on doing shopping on this day, give a shout-out to all of the salespeople who work tirelessly to make sure their customers are well-served. You can do that by posting on social media using the hashtag #NationalSalepersonDay.
When is National Salesperson Day?
|This year (2022)||December 9 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2023)||December 8 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2021)||December 10 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|