National Sleepover Day
Sleepovers are not only a way for people to get together to watch movies and do each other’s makeup, but it’s a bonding experience that can create memories that last for a lifetime. It’s a time when everyone shares a communal experience that helps with developing social skills and is just plain fun. That’s why everyone should enjoy a sleepover with the people they love.
The History Of National Sleepover Day
This holiday was created by two companies with a vested interest in encouraging more girls to have slumber parties. These two companies are Cosmopolitan and bareMinerals. They created this holiday back in 2017 to encourage more girls to have sleepovers. It’s a holiday that has since taken on a life of its own and has been celebrated around the world.
Some Interesting Facts About Sleep
We couldn’t find a lot of information about sleepovers, but we found quite a bit about sleep, so we decided to list some of the interesting facts about sleep that we’ve learned recently.
- People tend to sleep less in the days leading up to a full moon. Researchers don’t know why.
- If you can fall asleep in under 5-minutes, then you’re probably sleep deprived.
- The average person takes 15-minutes to fall asleep.
- Most people are less alert after lunch, hence the term “2 pm lag.”
- Sleep-deprived people are more likely to overeat.
- Before color television, only about 15% of people dreamed of color. Now, 75% of people dream in color.
Observing National Sleepover Day
This is a holiday on which girls can organize sleepovers at each other’s homes. They can have pillow fights, pop popcorn, and enjoy movies. They can also do each other’s makeup and play party games. While they’re celebrating this holiday, they can also use the hashtag #NationalSleepoverDay to spread the word about this holiday.