National Wiggle Your Toes Day is a holiday on which everyone is encouraged to pamper their toes or to show them off to the world. This day is celebrated on August 6th annually and gives everyone the opportunity to wiggle their toes in the sand at the beach, or wiggle their toes under the covers when they’re laying in bed.
Interesting Facts About Toes & Feet
Do you want some interesting toe-related trivia to share with friends and family members on National Wiggle Your Toes Day? If you do, then allow us to give you some fun facts about human toes that we think just about everyone with toes can appreciate.
- Your big toes carry the most load of any toe on your foot.
- Egyptians invented the first toe prosthetic in 950 B.C. It’s called the Cairo Toe.
- The area in your brain that receives input from your feet happens to be near the area that receives information from your genitals.
- Gout often begins to show up in the big toes. It’s known as the Disease Of Kings.
- Gout is caused by consuming rich foods and drink.
- Surgeons can replace severed thumbs with big toes.
- If you’re missing a big toe, then you can enlist in the U.S military.
- Joseph Stalin had syndactyly of his toes.
- Approximately 75% of people have some type of foot problem.
- The skin on the bottom of your feet is thicker than on any other part of the body.
- Each foot has a quarter of a million sweat glands that can produce half a pint of sweat per day.
- Approximately 25% of your body’s bones are in your feet.
- Each foot has 26 bones, 19 muscles, and 33 joints.
- Each foot also has a total of 107 ligaments.
- Approximately 5% of all Americans have corns and/or callouses.
- As a person’s income increases, the risk of them developing foot problems decreases.
Observing National Wiggle Your Toes Day
Want to observe this holiday? If you do, then make sure that you take a few moments to wiggle your toes, or if you prefer, to show your toes to the world. It’s also a good day to paint them in a vibrant color or show them a little bit of appreciation by getting them a pedicure. While you’re observing this holiday, be sure to use the hashtag #NationalWiggleYourToesDay on your social media accounts and spread the word about this holiday.
When is National Wiggle Your Toes Day?
|This year (2021)||August 6 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2022)||August 6 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2020)||August 6 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|