Romance Awareness Month
Romance is defined as the courtship behavior undertaken by a person to express their interest and overall feelings of love and/or attraction for another person. It’s a bond between people that can become extremely strong, but only if it is properly tended.
Unfortunately, too many people in relationships fail to cultivate the romance between them and their partners, which can prove detrimental to their relationship. Fortunately, there is a month that reminds partners to pay more attention to romance and to show their partner that they really do care. This month is August, and it’s known as Romance Awareness Month.
The History of Romance Awareness Month
Romance Awareness Month was created just a few years ago by Eileen Buchheim, the founder of Celebrate Romance. She created this month to encourage couples to improve their relationships by making sure they cultivate the romance that they share.
Some Fun Facts About Love
Okay, we’re not going to do a detailed section on romance. Instead, we’re going to do a detailed section on love — one of our favorite subjects. So without further ado, let’s take a few moments to go over some of the facts that we’ve learned about love over the years.
- Falling in love releases dopamine into the brain, which can give a person a natural high.
- Studies have shown that hugging a partner can reduce a person’s stress levels.
- Married people under the age of 51 are less likely to have vascular diseases than divorced people.
- Over time, the heartbeats of couples begin to synchronize with one another.
- The number one reason people give for getting married is that they’re in love.
- Cuddling causes people to release the hormone oxytocin.
- People who are honest with one another have better relationships than those who aren’t honest with each other.
- Studies have shown that people in love heal slightly faster than people who don’t report being in love.
- Being in love slightly reduces a person’s blood pressure.
Observing Romance Awareness Month
All couples have to do to celebrate Romance Awareness Month is to make sure they show their partner how much they really mean to them.
This can be done by taking them out to dinner, giving them impromptu massages, giving them gifts such as flowers, or doing something that’s really special for them. But before they do that, they should definitely use the hashtag #RomanceAwarenessMonth on social media.