Wear Brown Shoes Day
As the name implies, Wear Brown Shoes Day is a day that encourages everyone to change their shoes for brown shoes. This holiday is observed annually on December 4th and probably isn’t the most popular holiday.
However, it is one of the few holidays that concerns itself with footwear, so that might just be a reason why some people might want to celebrate it. Anyone looking for a reason to break out their favorite pair of brown shoes might also want to give this holiday a try.
Some Fancy Facts About Shoes
Even though we can’t give you any trivia that’s only about brown shoes, we can give you some trivia about shoes in general. Let’s take a look at these fancy shoe facts before we move on to learning how to celebrate this holiday.
- Barleycorns used to be used as a standard of measurement in the 14th century.
- The first boots with elastic sides were made for Queen Victoria in 1837.
- Celine Dion has said that her shoe collection has over 10,000 pairs of shoes.
- Ancient Greek actors wore platform sandals as a status symbol.
- Audrey Hepburn is credited with making loafers popular.
- The wedge shoe was invented by Salvatore Ferragamo.
Observing Wear Brown Shoes Day
On this day, you’re going to want to pull out your best pair of brown shoes and wear them. If you don’t own a pair of brown shoes, then head to your local shoe store and buy a pair. After you’ve completed that task, you can then use the hashtag #WearBrownShoesDay on your social media posts for the day to encourage everyone else to do the same. It’s also a good day to make some Brown Shoe Soup-a vegetarian soup that’s filled with beans, mushrooms, and grains.