An Affair To Remember Month
Anyone who has ever wondered if there was ever a holiday month that was inspired by a movie doesn’t have to wonder any longer. That’s because there is indeed a month that was given an honorary holiday for a movie and that month is February.
This month is known as An Affair to Remember Month, and it’s a month that remembers the classic 1957 romance film called An Affair to Remember that starred Cary Grant as Nickie Ferrante and Deborah Kerr as Terry McKay.
This story of two people meeting each other, falling in love, and then agreeing to meet one another in six months is considered by many to be the most beautiful romance that was filmed during the Golden Age of Hollywood.
The History Of An Affair To Remember Month
Although we’re unsure who invented this holiday month or when they invented it, we do know that one of the first appearances of this holiday in print came in 1996. This is when the book Chase’s Calendar of Events featured this holiday.
Some Fun Facts About An Affair To Remember (The Movie)
Since the month of February is dedicated to the movie An Affair to Remember, we thought it was only appropriate for us to list some of our favorite trivia about this movie below. The following facts are sure to please any fan of this movie, so let’s check them out.
- Director Leo McCarey allowed his stars to improvise many scenes on camera.
- Ingrid Bergman and Doris Day were both considered to play Terry McKay before Deborah Kerr was cast.
- Cathleen Nesbitt played Cary Grant’s grandmother in the film, but she was only 15-years older than him.
- Cary Grant was 53-years old when this movie was filmed.
- This movie was a remake of the 1939 movie Love Affair.
- This movie has been included in the “1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die” reference book.
- Mami Nixon dubber Deborah Kerr’s singing for the movie.
- This movie was the second out of three movies that paired Cary Grant with Deborah Kerr.
Observing An Affair To Remember Month
This month can be observed by taking some time and rewatching An Affair to Remember with a significant other. Some people also head to the Empire State Building to reenact famous scenes from the movies.
And, of course, people spread the news about this month by using the hashtag #AnAffairToRememberMonth on social media. It’s a great way for people to share what they love about this movie.