Annoy Squidward Day
For people who might not have watched even a few episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants—an American animated comedy TV series—Squidward is a character on the show who is the unsatisfied coworker of SpongeBob and is constantly annoyed by SpongeBob’s cheery optimism.
Of course, we reason that if people aren’t fans of this show, then they’re probably not going to observe Annoy Squidward Day, a holiday that falls on the 15th of February every year. Everyone else who isn’t a fan of the TV show might want to watch a few episodes before they try to celebrate this day.
The History of Annoy Squidward Day
In the late 1990s, the episode of SpongeBob SquarePants entitled “Employee of the Month” hit the airwaves. During this episode, Squidward was so annoyed by SpongeBob’s antics that he announced that it’s Annoy Squidward Day.
SpongeBob ended up annoying him even further when he flipped open the calendar to the 15th of February and announced that this date is actually Annoy Squidward Day. This holiday has been observed ever since.
Some Important Facts About SpongeBob SquarePants
We did extensive research for this holiday, which means that we spent copious amounts of time watching SpongeBob SquarePants episodes and viewing Squidward memes. When we finished, we learned that we had discovered a whole lot of facts about this show and its characters. This is information that we’re now going to share with anyone and everyone interested below.
- About 1 in 4 SpongeBob SquarePants viewers are adults without children.
- The show comprises 262 episodes over 12 seasons.
- The 14th of July is celebrated as SpongeBob’s birthday.
- The show’s creator, Stephen Hillenburg, had experience working as a fry cook after graduating from college.
- Bikini Bottom takes its inspiration from Bikini Atoll, a real-life coral reef located in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Krabby Patty is vegetarian and doesn’t use any type of meat, seafood, or otherwise.
- Nickelodeon originally wanted to make SpongeBob a school kid instead of a working adult.
- Patrick Star was originally supposed to be an angry bar owner.
Celebrities Who Voiced Characters on This Show
We think that it would be remiss if we didn’t take the time to list some of the celebrities who voiced characters on SpongeBob SquarePants. After all, this animated series wouldn’t be half as popular as it is now if it weren’t for these voice actors. With that being said, below is the list of some of the voice actors who voiced this show and the characters they played.
- Tom Kenny: SpongeBob SquarePants
- Rodger Bumpass: Squidward
- Bill Fagerbakke: Patrick Star
- Clancy Brown: Mr. Krabs
- Mr. Lawrence: Plankton
- Carolyn Lawrence: Sandy Cheeks
Observing Annoy Squidward Day
There are a number of different ways to observe Annoy Squidward Day. One way is by hosting a watch party of the SpongeBob TV series or movie with friends and family members. Another way is by throwing a SpongeBob SquarePants party and serving Krabby Patties. People can also spread the word about this holiday online using the hashtag #AnnoySquidwardDay.