Date Your Mate Month
May is Date Your Mate Month, and during this time, couples are encouraged to reaffirm their commitment to one another and celebrate their relationship. Even though it might seem like a difficult task to renew a relationship, it really isn’t all that difficult.
There are things that people can do right now to foster intimacy and closeness between themselves and their mate. For example, couples can ask each other personal questions, show interest in each other’s activities, work out together, spend more time talking to one another, and make more eye contact.
These simple things can really help to bring couples together and immediately improve their relationship.
The History of Date Your Mate Month
At this time, we were unable to uncover the true origins of Date Your Mate Month. However, we do suspect that this month has been around for only a few years, so we’ll continue to do the research to try to uncover who invented it and when it was invented.
Some Dating Tips for Date Your Mate Month
Some people feel overwhelmed at just the thought of a whole month of dating their mate, but this month doesn’t have to be a challenge. Below are some tips that will help couples plan their date nights and have a wonderful month together.
- Make sure to consider the calendars of both people in the relationship.
- Take turns planning date night so it isn’t all placed on one person.
- Dress up and look your best when heading out for date night.
- There should be at least one date night each week during May.
- Keep your hands off your cell phone and avoid social media while on the date.
- Make the conversation about each other and not about politics, the economy, or other unrelated subjects.
- Make the date special by incorporating elements that are special to your partner, such as their favorite color or song.
Observing Date Your Mate Month
During this month, couples are encouraged to spend time with one another. Typically, this means taking your significant other out on a date, but the word “date” can be used to describe any activity that they would want to do together.
Since that changes from person to person, it’s hard to list all the dating possibilities, but usually, couples will go out on dates, curl up beside a roaring fire, or engage in some other activity that requires both of their participation. People can also use the hashtag #DateYourMateMonth on social media to spread the word about this month.