Motherhood And Beauty Day
Motherhood and Beauty Day is an official holiday that’s observed every April 7th in Armenia. It’s a day that is the Feast of the Annunciation in the Armenian Apostolic Church and it’s a day on which women are honored for their beauty. It’s a day on which people are expected to give presents to their mothers and for all Armenian Christians to attend religious services.
Another event that happens on this holiday is that the Armenian President and other ranking government officials give special speeches that reiterate the importance of mothers in modern society and wish women all over the country the happiness that they deserve.
Interesting Facts About Armenia
We’ve discovered some pretty fascinating facts about Armenia that we would like to now share with anyone and everyone reading about this holiday. The following are just random facts that we think everyone will find fascinating.
- Armenia was the first country to adopt Christianity.
- Armenia has been called the “Land of Churches.”
- More Armenians live abroad than in Armenia.
- It’s believed by some Armenians that Noah’s ark is on top of Mount Ararat.
- Tatev Aerial Tramway is the longest non-stop double-track cable car in the world. It’s 5,752 meters long.
- Lake Sevan is one of the largest lakes in the Caucasus and the country’s top attraction.
- Armenia is home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Armenia produces some of the best wines in the world.
- One of the oldest cities in the world is Yerevan. It was built before the Roman Empire.
Observing Motherhood And Beauty Day In Armenia
As is the case with many Mother’s Day celebrations around the world, this celebration involves giving mothers flowers, candy, cards, and other gifts. It’s also a day on which mothers are given an elevated status and given the respect that they deserve.
Official observations of this holiday usually involve public speeches from government officials and special holiday events on television.