Motherhood And Beauty Day
Motherhood and Beauty Day is an official holiday observed every April 7th in Armenia. It coincides with the Feast of the Annunciation in the Armenian Apostolic Church and honors women for their beauty. On this day, people are expected to give presents to their mothers, and all Armenian Christians are encouraged to attend religious services.
Another event that occurs on this holiday is that the Armenian President and other high-ranking government officials deliver special speeches emphasizing the importance of mothers in modern society and extend wishes of happiness to women across the country.
Interesting Facts About Armenia
We have uncovered some pretty fascinating facts about Armenia that we are eager to share with anyone reading about this holiday. The following are just a few random facts that we believe everyone will find interesting:
- Armenia was the first country to adopt Christianity as its state religion.
- Armenia has been dubbed the “Land of Churches.”
- More Armenians live abroad than in Armenia itself.
- Some Armenians believe that Noah’s Ark rests atop Mount Ararat.
- The Tatev Aerial Tramway is the world’s longest non-stop double-track cable car, spanning 5,752 meters.
- Lake Sevan is one of the largest lakes in the Caucasus and is the country’s top attraction.
- Armenia is home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Armenia produces some of the world’s finest wines.
- One of the oldest cities in the world is Yerevan, predating the Roman Empire.
Observing Motherhood and Beauty Day in Armenia
Similar to many Mother’s Day celebrations worldwide, this celebration involves giving mothers flowers, candy, cards, and other gifts. It is also a day when mothers are accorded elevated status and the respect they deserve.
Official observances of this holiday typically include public speeches by government officials and special holiday events broadcast on television.