National Do Something Nice Day is a holiday that’s observed annually on October 5th and encourages everyone to do something nice for someone else. People can get caught up in their busy lives and as a result, are not always as nice as they could be to the people around them. Fortunately, people can correct this problem by taking the time on this day to share a little bit of kindness with the people they encounter. And maybe taking the time out of this day to do something nice for someone else will lead to a habit of doing something nice regularly every other day of the year as well.
The History Of National Do Something Nice Day
Although we did an extensive search for the origins of this holiday, we were unable to discover who created it or when it was created. We’ll continue to search for this holiday’s origins and if we find out who invented it or when they invented it, we’ll update this section in the future.
Amazing Facts About Kindness
While we were researching National Do Something Nice Day we uncovered a lot of facts about kindness and we want to share some of them with anyone reading this article. So please enjoy some of the tidbits we’ve learned about being nice and why it shows why everyone should be celebrating this holiday.
- People who are consistently nice to other people have less stress levels than people who don’t.
- People who observe acts of kindness can also benefit from these lower stress levels.
- Being nice to another person can lower blood pressure.
- Studies have shown that people who consistently help others feel better about themselves and have more energy.
- Kindness increases Oxycontin levels in the blood. These not only increase the general feeling of well-being but also might help the heart.
- Studies show that children who do nice things for other students experience higher peer acceptance.
- Approximately 70% of parents and 86% of teachers worry that the world is too unkind of a place.
- Approximately 80% of children believe that their parents are more concerned with their achievements than their ability to show caring to other people.
Observing National Do Something Nice Day
National Do Something Nice Day is a holiday that’s simple enough to celebrate. All that you have to do is to show some kindness to other people. This can be giving someone a compliment, opening a door for another person, tipping your waiter or waitress a little something extra, or by being there to family members or friends.
While you’re spreading kindness to people you know, you can also spread some kindness virtually over the Internet by using the hashtag #NationalDoSomethingNiceDay. Remember, taking a few moments out of your day to give someone some kindness can not only make them feel better can also make you feel better.
When is National Do Something Nice Day?
|This year (2021)||October 5 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2022)||October 5 (Wednesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2020)||October 5 (Monday)||Multiple dates - more|