National Hobby Month
It doesn’t matter if a person’s hobby is reading, fishing, crafting, or playing video games, if they enjoy doing it, then they’re going to want to celebrate National Hobby Month. This January holiday encourages everyone to double down on their favorite hobbies and share them with friends and family members.
Every single day, people struggle to find time to do the things they enjoy because they’re busing juggling home, work, and other obligations. While all of those things are important, it’s also important for a person to take some time for themselves and do all the things they enjoy, and that’s why this month is so important.
Some Fun Facts About Hobbies
Since everyone has a hobby that they’re passionate about, we thought that we’d take a few moments out of this holiday article and list some facts about them that we think everyone can appreciate. The following facts are ones that we found interesting and we think everyone else will too.
- Hobbies allow people to try out things. They might find themselves to have a talent for it, too.
- Hobbies relieve stress and can lower a person’s blood pressure.
- Hobbies make a person more well-rounded, and they can really fill out a resume.
- Some people turn their hobbies into an additional source of income or even a full-time job.
- Hobbies can improve self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Reading, traveling, and fishing are the three most popular hobbies in the world.
- Since D&D came out in 1974, over 75 million people have played the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons.
- Board games and watching television shows are also common hobbies.
- Studies have shown that enjoying a hobby exercises the brain and helps improve memory.
- Studies have also shown that enjoying a hobby regularly can help ward off depression.
- Playing sports as a hobby can help a person get a better night’s sleep.
- When friends enjoy a hobby together they tend to have a better bond.
- Hobbies can help people make new friends.
Observing National Hobby Month
National Hobby Month should be enjoyed by each person in their own individual way. If a person enjoys chess, then they should spend the month playing chess. If hockey is more their speed, then perhaps they should catch a game or two on TV.
Regardless of how a person chooses to spend this month, they should let everyone know about it online using the hashtag #NationalHobbyMonth. Everyone loves to hear about other people’s hobbies; we know we do!