Technology is all around us and most of us interact with it endlessly throughout the day. And the importance of technology seems to be increasing daily. Unfortunately, there are not enough people taking advantage of the opportunities in the technology field, and as a result, the technology industry is having problems keeping jobs staffed. To help combat that problem, National Techies Day was created. This holiday is observed on October 3rd annually and encourages students to seek a career in technology and become a part of all of our futures.
The History Of National Techies Day
National Techies Day was first invented through a partnership between CNT Networks and Techies.Com. It was first invented in 1998, at the height of the 90s technological boom. It was a holiday that recognized the importance of techies and the ever-growing need of the technological field for qualified workers.
Amazing Facts About Technology
Since we’re talking about techies and technology, we thought that it would be a good opportunity to talk about some of the fun facts we’ve discovered about technology online. So let’s not waste any time and just jump into these facts.
- Samsung was founded as a grocery trading store on March 1, 1938.
- One GB is equal to 1,204 MB, and one PB (Petabyte) is equal to 1,024 TB (Terabytes).
- A 50 PB hard drive could hold the entire written works of mankind in all languages since the dawn of writing.
- Until 1995, domain registrations were free.
- There are computers designed specifically for the Amish. They don’t have video or music capabilities, and can’t connect to the Internet.
- In 2010, the U.S Air Force used 1,760 Playstation 3 consoles to build a supercomputer for the Department of Defense.
- Approximately 97% of people use Google to spell-check words to see if they spelled them correctly.
- As of 2021, Google has over 35-billion Google searches every month.
- Google’s first-ever tweet on Twitter was “I’m Feeling Lucky” in binary.
- Over 6,000+ new computer viruses are created and released on the Internet every month.
- Comic Sans s one of the most hated fonts in the world.
- Approximately 40% of American couples have now met online.
- The three most common passwords used by people are “Password,” “12345” and “123456.” These are the weakest passwords a person could possibly choose.
Observing National Techies Day
Since National Techies Day is a holiday designed to encourage people to go into the technological field, it’s a good opportunity for people and companies to encourage the next generation of techies. This can be done by holding a job fair at a local high school or teaching a class on technology at a local middle school. To further spread the word about this holiday and the need for techies, you can also use the hashtag #NationalTechiesDay on your social media account posts for the day.
When is National Techies Day?
|This year (2022)||October 3 (Monday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2023)||October 3 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2021)||October 3 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|