Talk Like Yoda Day
For anyone who hasn’t been exposed to pop culture over the past 40+ years, Yoda is a fictional character that was created by George Lucas and originally appeared in the movie The Empire Strikes Back. He’s a character that quickly caught the interest of many people’s imaginations and has since appeared in dozens of different films and television shows over the years.
Now this wise and powerful Jedi has been graced with his own holiday—a holiday that emphasizes the way that Yoda spoke: by placing the verb and the subject of the sentence at the end of the sentence. It’s a holiday observed on May 21st every year.
The History Of Talk Like Yoda Day
Unfortunately, at this time, we don’t know who invented this holiday. We’re not even sure when it was invented, but we do believe that it was started sometime after the 1990s as an Internet holiday.
Fun facts about Yoda. Hrmmm.
If you want some fun facts about Yoda, then we’re ready to deliver the goods. We’ve done a lot of research and have come up with some great facts about Yoda that we think anyone celebrating this holiday is going to enjoy.
- Yoda is the mentor of Obi-Wan Kenobi and lived in exile on the swamp planet Dagobah.
- Although Yoda used a cane, he could also throw it away when he needed to kick some butt.
- Yoda is approximately 900-years old in The Empire Strikes Back.
- Yoda has been ranked as one of the best movie characters of all time.
- He was not only a Grand Master of the Jedi High Council but was also a general during the clone wars and a Master of the Jedi Order.
- The make-up artist responsible for creating Yoda’s look was Stuart Freeborn.
- The look of Yoda is based on a combination of Stuart Freeborn’s own look and Einstein’s look.
- There’s a bat in Papua New Guinea that’s known as the Yoda bat.
- Frank Oz was the voice of Yoda, but it was originally offered to Jim Henson.
- Yoda uses object-subject-verb to talk.
- A reddish-purple worm is named Yoda purpurata. The name means “purple Yoda.”
Observing Talk Like Yoda Day
Talk Like Yoda Day can be observed by taking a few moments to speak like Yoda. Yoda has a very distinctive style of speaking which can be easily illustrated with some of his most famous quotes. Some of his quotes include “Do or do not. There is no try” “The greatest teacher, failure is” and “Always with you, it cannot be done.”
While you’re talking like Yoda, you can also take the time to watch some Star Wars movies. And when all of that is finished, don’t forget to use the hashtag #TalkLikeYodaDay with your favorite Yoda quotes as you post on social media.