|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Political Flag Day||Mongolia||Observance|
|Independence Day||The Bahamas||Public Holiday|
|National Clerihew Day||-||Unofficial (Hobby & Creativity)|
|National Pina Colada Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Orangemen's Day||Canada (Newfoundland And Labrador)||Local Holiday|
Historical Events on July 10
- 1584: Balthasar Gerard assassinate William I of Orange at William’s home in Delft, Holland.
- 1645: The Battle of Langport begins during the English Civil War.
- 1778: Louis XVI of France declares war on Great Britain during the American Revolutionary War.
- 1821: The U.S takes control of Florida – land that it had recently acquired from Spain.
- 1832: A bill to re-charter the Second Bank of the U.S is vetoed by United States; President Andrew Jackson on this date.
- 1850: After President Zachary Taylor’s death the previous day, United States’ President Millard Fillmore is sworn in on this date.
- 1869: A fire all but destroys the city of Gavle in Sweden. Approximate 8,000 of its residents are rendered homeless.
- 1890: Wyoming becomes the 44thS State.
- 1925: The Scopes Trial begins on this day in Dayton, Tennessee.
- 1942: A downed and quite intact Mitsubishi A6M Zero is discovered by a U.S pilot on Akutan Island. The United States Navy will use this plane to learn the attributes of these planes.
- 1943: Operation Husky begins in Sicily during World War 2.
- 1978: On ABC, the new program ABC World News Tonight makes its debut.
- 1978: In a bloodless coup, President Moktar Ould Daddah is ousted as President of Mauritania.
- 2002: The painting “The Massacre of the Innocents” by Peter Paul Rubens is sold at a Sotherby’s auction. It fetches a price of approximately $76.2 million U.S dollars (£49.5 million).
- 2005: The Florida Panhandle is hit by Hurricane Dennis. Billions upon billions of dollars of damage is done.
- 2011: Over 120 people are killed when a Russian cruise ship known as the Bulgaria sinks near Syukeyevo, Tatarstan.
Famous Birthdays on July 10
- German brewer and co-founder of Anheuser Busch, Adolphus Busch is born in 1839.
- Serbian-American physicist and engineer, Nikola Tesla is born in 1856.
- American actor, screenwriter and director, John Gilbert is born in 1899.
- American journalist David Brinkley is born in 1920.
- American physicist and Nobel Prize laureate, Owen Chamberlain is born in 1920.
- Canadian writer and Nobel Prize laureate, Alice Munro is born in 1931.