|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|The Sandinista Revolution Day||Nicaragua||National Holiday|
|Martyrs' Day||Myanmar||Public Holiday|
|Stick Out Your Tongue Day||-||Unofficial (Weird & Obscure)|
|National Daiquiri Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|President's Day Holiday||Botswana||Public Holiday|
Historical Events on July 19
- 1701: The Nanfan Treaty is signed by representatives of the Iroquois Confederacy. This treaty cedes large portions of the Ohio River to England.
- 1702: The Swedish army led by King Charles XII defeats the Polish-Saxon army led by August II the Strong at the Battle of Klissow during the Great Northern War.
- 1821: George IV is is crowned King of the U.K.
- 1845: Over 340 buildings are destroyed and 30 people are killed – including 4 firefighters – during the Great New York City Fire of 1845.
- 1848: In Seneca Falls in New York, a 2-day Women’s Rights Convention opens up.
- 1863: Confederate General John Hunt Morgan has a large group of his men captured while they are trying to escape across the Ohio River during Morgan’s Raid of the American Civil War.
- 1916: Australian and British troops attack German trenches at the Battle of Fromelles during World War 1.
- 1940: At the Battle of Cape Spada, The Italian cruiser Bartolomeo Colleoni is sunk by the Royal Navy. Over 12 people are killed.
- 1940: Hitler performs a Field Marshal Ceremony. It’s the first time during World War 2 that he gave field marshals their position due to their military achievements.
- 1940: The British Army Intelligence Corps are formed when Army Order 112 is passed during World War 2.
- 1942: German U-boats are ordered to leave their positions along the U.S Atlantic Coast by Grand Admiral Karl Donitz during WWII.
- 1943: Over five hundred Allied bombers drops tons of bombs on the city of Rome, Italy during World War 2. Thousands upon thousands of people are killed.
Famous Birthdays on July 19
- American businessman and founder of Colt Manufacturing Co., Samuel Colt is born in 1814.
- Swiss author and poet, Gottfried Keller is born in 1819.
- French painter, sculptor and illustrator, Edgar Degas is born in 1834.
- American acquitted murderer, Lizzy Borden is born in 1860.
- American comedian and actress, Lisa Lampanelli is born in 1961.
- American actor and director, Campbell Scott is born in 1961.
- American comedian and actor, Jim Norton is born in 1968.