Creative Romance Month
It should be no surprise to anyone that February is known as Creative Romance Month. After all, it’s a month that contains Valentine’s Day. It’s a month that’s observed by taking the time to show your significant other the love and romance they deserve.
While this doesn’t have to be done on a daily basis, it should be done consistently throughout the month. Some great ways of doing this are taking off from work early to surprise your significant other with flowers or with a night out on the town, preparing a picnic for two, or making dinner for a loved one.
This month is just a way for people to reconnect with their partners to strengthen the love between them.
The History Of Creative Romance Month
At this time, it’s unknown when Creative Romance Month was created. More than likely, it was created due to someone extending their Valentine’s Day celebrations out by a few days and just grew from that point on. We’ll continue to search for the origins of this month, however, and if we find out who invented it or when it was invented, we’ll let everyone know.
Some Facts About Love & Romance
Okay, since we’re talking about love and romance, we thought that we’d take a few moments to share some of the things that we know on the subject. Below are some fast facts about these subjects that we feel everyone will appreciate.
- While couples are cuddling, their brains are releasing Oxytocin — a chemical that’s been dubbed the “love hormone.”
- Death or physical separation from a loved one can cause actual pain in a person’s heart.
- The first year of a relationship features “head over heels” love, while the time after that begins the “committed love” aspect of a relationship.
- The word love comes from the Sanskrit word “Lubhyati,” which means desire.
- Some of the animals which mate for life include wolves, beavers, and barn owls.
- Being in love is the reason most people give for marrying. However, 28% of people say financial stability is their number one reason for marrying someone.
Observing Creative Romance Month
During this month, a person should take a moment to show their significant other a little bit of extra romance. This can be done with a movie night, coming home with flowers, writing a romantic note, or just saying “I Love You” a little bit more. People can also encourage other people to spread the word about this month using the hashtag #CreativeRomanceMonth.