National Ice Cream Cake Day
National Ice Cream Cake Day is a holiday that falls on June 27th and helps people enjoy one of the tastiest combinations of cake and ice cream ever invented. Although not everyone is a fan of ice cream cake, plenty of people do enjoy this treat and will be more than happy to observe this holiday. If you count yourself among the many fans of ice cream cake, then you might want to purchase one and share it with friends and family.
The History Of National Ice Cream Cake Day
When we research a food holiday, most of the time it’s the origin of the holiday that’s the mystery, and the origin of the food is well known. However, that’s not the case with this holiday. We know that it was invented by Cupcakes For A Cause and the Jurado Family.
What we don’t know is who invented the ice cream cake—at least not with any degree of certainty. We do know that there were Victorian Era desserts known as “Bombes,” which were made of ice cream and fruit. Some of these desserts included cake or biscuits as well. However, many of these early “ice cream cakes” were unlike the modern ice cream cakes we know and love today.
Facts About Ice Cream Cakes
We learned a lot of things about ice cream cakes while researching this holiday, and we’d like to share some of these facts with our readers. This section is for anyone who has been fascinated by ice cream cakes and wanted to know everything they could about them.
- Ice cream cakes are made for birthdays, children’s parties, and sometimes even weddings.
- The most popular ice cream cakes are made with alternating layers of cake and ice cream instead of just being ice cream covered in whipped cream.
- Ice cream cakes are extremely popular in the U.S. and Australia; they’re less popular in Europe.
- Ice cream cakes were originally made for the wealthy.
- Ice cream cakes can be purchased at various locations including Baskin-Robbins, Dairy Queen, and Cold Stone Creamery.
Observing National Ice Cream Cake Day
Want to celebrate this holiday? Well, if you do, then all you have to do is grab yourself an ice cream cake and share it with friends and family. Although this product is good enough to eat all by yourself, you probably shouldn’t try. Instead, you should throw an ice cream cake day party and share it with friends and family. And don’t forget to snap a photo of your precious ice cream cake and share it on social media using the hashtag #NationalIceCreamCakeDay.