Far too often, people find it hard to find their moments of happiness. After all, life happens to all of us and it’s not always pleasant. That’s why National Happiness Happens Day was founded. We often let our negative emotions get the best of us, so this day acts as a counterbalance. It’s a day in which people are encouraged to just let happiness happen. To embrace the moments of pure joy, laughter, and glee. If we take the time to allow ourselves these moments of happiness, then it’s more likely to happen. And that’s why everyone should celebrate this holiday on August 8th. We all deserve the chance to embrace genuine happiness.
The History Of National Happiness Happens Day
This holiday was created by the Secret Society of Happy People in 1999. It originally began as “Admit You’re Happy Day” as a way to recognize the importance of happiness in people’s lives. They chose August 8th for the date of this holiday because it’s the date when this organization began. The Secret Society of Happy People began on August 8, 1998. They have not only declared August 8th as National Happiness Happens Day but have also named August Happiness Happens Month.
Some Amazing Facts About Happiness
We all know that happiness feels good, but did you know that happiness also conveyed several other benefits to people experiencing it? If you didn’t, then you might want to read along with us as we uncover some amazing facts about happiness and present them below.
- People who regularly experience happiness are more likely to have lower heart rates and lower blood pressure.
- Happy people are more likely to have robust immune systems.
- Happiness is a great way for people to combat stress and make people more resilient to stress.
- Happy people have fewer body aches than people who aren’t happy.
- Happier people are more likely to live longer.
- Happiness is contagious. People who spend time with happy people tend to be happier themselves.
- The happiest people in the world are the ones who engage regularly and positively with their community.
- Listening to music can help boost a person’s positive mood.
- Laughter can help people suffering from chronic pain caused by arthritis.
- Spending time outdoors can increase the odds of you being happy.
- Most experts agree that taking time out of your busy schedule to do things you love increases happiness levels.
- According to research, married people tend to be happier than single people.
- People who spent less time on Facebook also tended to be happier.
- Chocolate can cause the brain to release endorphins and this can cause happy feelings.
- Petting your dog can increase your happiness levels.
Observing National Happiness Happens Day
Observing this holiday is as easy as doing the things that bring you happiness. This could be spending time with friends or family or engaging with a hobby that you’re passionate about. It’s also a good day to take the time to spread some happiness to those people around you. And while you’re sharing happiness, why not share some with all of the people of the world by using the hashtag #NationalHappinessHappensDay on your social media accounts?
When is National Happiness Happens Day?
|This year (2021)||August 8 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2022)||August 8 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2020)||August 8 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|