National Wellness Month
National Wellness Month is observed in August, and it’s the perfect time for people to think about their personal health. Studies have shown that individuals who tend to their own self-care have reduced stress levels, improved concentration, lower incidences of depression, improved happiness levels, and increased energy levels.
Health is the most important thing a person has, so it’s up to them to safeguard it and ensure they protect it. This can be done during this month, and all year round, by adding more fruits and vegetables to their diet, getting more exercise, ensuring they get enough sleep, and learning how to calm themselves in stressful situations.
The History of National Wellness Month
Even though you might think that a month dedicated to wellness would have been around for a long time, the truth is that National Wellness Month has only been around for the past few years. It was first created in 2018 by Live Love Spa to encourage community and connection in the Wellness Industry.
Some Facts About Health and Wellness
Health and wellness are extremely important to everyone, so we decided to do a deep dive into the subject and see if we could pull out some information that people would find useful. What we uncovered was the following list of facts on the subject that we think everyone should check out when they get a chance.
- Laughing increases a person’s blood flow by up to 20%.
- Optimistic people tend to have better health and live longer than pessimistic people.
- Too much sleep or too much sitting can increase a person’s chance of early death.
- Lack of exercise causes as many deaths as smoking nowadays.
- Almonds and avocados can improve fertility and increase a person’s sex drive.
- Tea can lower the risks of Type 2 Diabetes, Parkinson’s Disease, some cancers, and heart attacks.
- Oatmeal has been shown to improve a person’s mood.
- Olive oil is the healthiest fat in the world.
- Learning a new language can help stimulate the brain.
- Several studies have shown that drinking coffee can reduce a person’s risk of depression.
- Yoga can boost cognitive function and reduce stress levels.
Observing National Wellness Month
People can observe this month by promoting healthy living with their friends and family members or by using the hashtag #WellnessMonth on social media. It’s also a good month for people to make significant changes to their lifestyle so they can remain healthy. This includes proper hydration, daily meditation, better dietary choices, and getting plenty of sleep and exercise.