Singapore Armed Forces Day
Singapore Armed Forces Day is a holiday that commemorates the armed forces of the country and on which members of the armed forces reaffirm their pledge of loyalty to Singapore. This holiday is commemorated on the 1st of July every year, and on this day people can enjoy military parades and other events.
It’s also a day when the Defense Minister and other officials deliver their SAF message to the general public. And finally, members of the reservist’s armed forces are encouraged to wear their military uniforms to work and/or upload pictures of themselves wearing their uniforms on their company’s website.
Some Amazing Facts About Singapore
Let’s go over some of the amazing facts that we’ve uncovered about Singapore and would like to share with the world. The following facts are pretty interesting and in our opinion, they’re worth a read.
- The Singapore $1,000 note has the country’s national anthem in micro-text.
- Singapore consists of the main island and over 60 other islands, most of which aren’t inhabited.
- Singapore has more than 3,000 kilometers of roads.
- The U.S is 15,000 times bigger than Singapore.
- Malay is the national language of Singapore.
- Other official languages of this country are Chinese, English, and Tamil.
Observing Singapore Armed Forces Day
The main purpose of this holiday was for the armed forces to reaffirm their pledge of loyalty to the SAF and the nation. It’s also a day on which people give respect to the armed forces who defend the country. This holiday begins with a speech from the Defense Minister and then there’s usually a parade that’s held at the SAFTI Military Institute in Jurong West.
This parade is attended by Singapore’s President in his role as commander-in-chief, and by the Prime Minister. Also held on this day is a Trooping of the Color and various armed forces bands. There are also usually airshows and other events held on this day in Singapore.