|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Independence Day||Estonia||National Holiday|
|National Tortilla Chip Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Skip the Straw Day||-||Unofficial (Awareness & Cause, Nature & Environment)|
|National Tartar Sauce Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Yukon Heritage Day||Canada (Yukon)||Local Holiday|
|World Bartender Day||-||Unofficial (Work & Occupation)|
Historical Events on February 24
- 1863: Arizona if formally organized as a territory of the U.S.
- 1868:S President Andrew Johnson becomes the first U.S president impeached by the U.S House of Representatives. However, he is eventually acquitted by the U.S Senate.
- 1920: The National Socialist German Workers’ Party – otherwise known as the Nazi Party – is founded on this day.
- 1968: The Tet Offensive comes to a halt and South Vietnam takes back the city known as Hue.
- 1980: After completing its Miracle on Ice against the Soviet Union just 2-days earlier, the United States Olympic Hockey Team makes it official when they defeat Finland 4-2 to win the gold medal in ice hockey.
- 1981: Central Greece is hit with an earthquake that ends up killing over 20 people and destroying buildings in several different towns.
- 1983: The internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II is officially condemned by a special commission of the U.S Congress.
- 1989: 9 passengers are blown out of United Airlines Flight 811 when it rips open during a flight to New Zealand from Honolulu.
- 2004: Over 600 people are killed, 900 are injured and 15,000 are displaced when an earthquake hits Northern Morocco.
- 2007: The country of Japan puts its 4th spy satellite into space. This gives the country the much needed ability to monitor potential threats such as North Korea.
- 2015: When a MetroLink Train derails in the city of Oxnard in California, more than thirty people are injured.
Famous Birthdays on February 24
- German author and anthropologist, Wilhelm Grimm is born in 1786.
- American painter and illustrator, Winslow Homer is born in 1836.
- American Admiral Chester W. Nimitz is born in 1885.
- American actress Marjorie Main is born in 1890.
- American singer-songwriter George Thorogood is born in 1950.
- American actress Debra Jo Rupp is born in 1951.
- American actor Mark Moses is born in 1958.
- American actress Beth Broderick is born in 1959.
- American boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is born in 1977.