Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day
Every single day of the year, your cat is trying to communicate with you. Sometimes the cat is merely trying to let you know that it needs more food and water, at other times, the cat may be trying to tell you something else. Unfortunately, most humans either don’t understand what their cat is asking for or are actively ignoring them.
This is a shame because communication between humans and these social animals should be possible. It’s the whole purpose why Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day was created. This holiday falls on January 22nd and encourages all cat owners to try to understand the needs of their feline friends.
The History Of Answer Your Cat’s Question Day
This holiday was created by Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat.com-a website that’s known for creating novelty holidays such as Have A Bad Day Day and Stay Home Because You’re Well Day. We’re not sure exactly when they invented the holiday, but we believe it was sometime around 2006.
Fun Facts About Cats
Below are some fun facts that we think cat owners everywhere are really going to appreciate.
- A group of cats is called a clowder.
- In the U.S., there are 88 million pet cats and only 75 million pet dogs.
- Cats were introduced into the United States as a form of pest control.
- Cats can recognize individual human voices.
- Abraham Lincoln kept three cats in the White House during his term.
- When cats don’t cover their poop, it’s a form of aggression.
Observing Answer Your Cat’s Question Day
Answer Your Cat’s Question Day is a holiday that can be observed simply by taking the time to get to know the needs of your cat and what they’re trying to say to you. Try to put yourself in your cat’s position to get a better understanding of what they’re saying.