Every year, the 2nd of January is Happy Mew Year for Cats Day. It’s a day to give your cat a very special holiday. Although it might seem like cats are already living their best life, it doesn’t hurt to give them their own special day. A day in which they’re pampered, shown a little bit of extra love, and maybe given a treat or two.
This is a day that’s similar to how humans celebrate New Year’s Day, except you know that your cat isn’t going to have any resolutions for the new year. They are just going to go ahead and be themselves, and that’s alright with us.
The History of Happy Mew Year For Cats Day
This holiday was created by Wellcat.com, a website that’s well-known for creating interesting and sometimes wacky holidays. Some of the holidays they’ve created include Dimpled Chad Day, Satisfied Staying Single Day, and Stay Out of the Sun Day.
We’re not entirely sure exactly when they invented Happy Mew Year for Cats Day, but we do know that it’s been around for at least a couple of years.
Some Amazing Facts About Cats
Since we’re all here to observe Happy Mew Year for Cats Day, we thought that we’d take a few moments and list some of the cool facts that we’ve learned about cats. We think that the following factoids are a perfect way to introduce this holiday to anyone and everyone wishing to observe it.
- Cats have 24 more bones than humans. Humans have 206, cats have 230.
- Cats use their long tails to balance while they’re walking on ledges.
- Female cats are more likely to be right-pawed, while male cats are more likely to be left-pawed.
- Many cats are actually lactose intolerant, despite what people believe.
- Cats should be neutered or spayed before they reach 5-months old.
- Cats love to sleep on items that smell like their owners, including dirty laundry.
- Male cats are more susceptible to catnip than female cats.
Observing Happy Mew Year For Cats Day
This is the day for people to spend time with their pet cats and give them the love and affection they deserve. It’s also a day to give them extra treats, and maybe a new toy. That’s it. That’s all that has to be done for this holiday aside from using the hashtag #HappyMewYearForCatsDay online to spread the word about it.
When is Happy Mew Year For Cats Day?
|This year (2023)||January 2 (Monday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2024)||January 2 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2022)||January 2 (Sunday)||Multiple dates - more|