As the days begin to shorten and the nights become longer, we often look for things to give us some warmth and comfort through the autumn season. And one of the things that we look forward to every year is enjoying a cup of hot mulled cider. Mulled cider is a sweet cider that’s been infused with a variety of citrus fruits and spices.
The “mulling” parting of the term mulled cider refers to the produced being heated, sweetened, and then enhance them using mulling spices. It’s a great drink to enjoy while you celebrate National Hot Mulled Cider Day on the 30th of September each year.
Tasty Hot Mulled Cider Facts
We wanted to list some of the facts that we learned about this type of cider, so people could enjoy them while they were sipping. That’s why we’ve decided to list a couple of facts below that we feel everyone will enjoy. We know that we did.
- Another word for mulled cider is Wassail.
- Wassailing was a medieval drinking ritual in southern England that was supposed to ensure a good cider apple harvest the following year.
- Some of the spices that might be in any particular mulled cider are star anise, cardamom, and peppercorn.
- Dried fruits such as orange rind or raisins are also put into mulled cider.
- Apple cider needs to be used for mulled cider-not apple juice!
Observing Hot Mulled Cider Day
We encourage anyone wishing to celebrate this holiday to take the time to learn how to make hot mulled cider. Although this drink might seem like a daunting one to make at first, nothing could be further from the truth.
Mulled cider is surprisingly easy to make once you’ve gathered up the spices that you need. While you’re enjoying this Hot Mulled Cider Day, be sure to use the hashtag #HotMulledCiderDay to spread the word about it to cider lovers around the world.
When is National Hot Mulled Cider Day?
|This year (2023)||September 30 (Saturday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2024)||September 30 (Monday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2022)||September 30 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|