National HVAC Tech Day is a holiday that is intended as a day for everyone to observe the work of HVAC technicians and to acknowledge their importance in our daily lives. Without these very essential workers, we couldn’t enjoy the comforts of heating and cooling without their contributions. And this alone is a good reason to thank technicians for all that they do.
The History Of National HVAC Tech Day
According to popular sources, this holiday was created by ARS Rescue Rooter in 2016. This company provides heating and air conditioning repair, as well as emergency plumbing repair. They created this holiday to show appreciation to all of the HVAC technicians in the industry today. Technicians that keep our climate-controlled environments in good running condition.
Cool HVAC Facts
Every time we do a holiday, we learn a lot of facts about what the holiday celebrates. And that is true about the HVAC industry as it is about anything else that we’ve researched. So we decided to list some of the most interesting facts about this industry below.
- Scientific research suggests that people who live in AC-cooled environments lose their natural tolerance for heat.
- The NewYork Stock exchange was one of the very first buildings to have AC installed in it.
- Closing AC registers doesn’t save money. It actually causes problems due to the extra burden being placed on the air conditioner’s compressor.
- The Romans used heated floors during the winter months. This makes them the first people to use centralized heating.
- The Roman’s central heating system is known as a hypocaust.
- It’s been estimated that the amount of energy used by the U.S just in heating and air condition exceeds the amount of electricity used on the entire continent of Africa for any purpose.
- Herbert Hoover spent $30,000 to install air conditioning in the White House. That’s over $455,000 in today’s dollars.
- Approximately 60% of U.S homes are heated with gas-fired furnaces.
- The first modern air conditioning system was invented by Willis Carter in 1902.
- A Minneapolis mansion was the first one to have air conditioning built into it in 1913.
- Air conditioners are one of the reasons why movie theaters popularity took off as people used them to escape the heat.
- There are over 300,000 miles of natural gas pipelines in the United States.
Celebrating National HVAC Tech Day
This holiday can be observed by showing appreciation to a local HVAC technician and letting them know how much you appreciate all of the work they do. It’s also a good day to use the hashtag #NationalHVACTechDay on social media and thank all HVAC technicians collectively over the Internet. Air conditioning and central heating are some of the most important systems in a person’s home, so this holiday is a great reminder to all of us to use them more thoughtfully.
When is National HVAC Tech Day?
|This year (2022)||June 22 (Wednesday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2023)||June 22 (Thursday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2021)||June 22 (Tuesday)||Multiple dates - more|