National Let’s Laugh Day
National Let’s Laugh Day is an unofficial holiday that’s observed on the 19th of March every year. The purpose of this holiday is to remind all of us that laughing not only makes us feel good but is also beneficial to our health. Scientists have provided all of us with definitive scientific facts that laughing can reduce pain levels, lower stress, and improve heart health.
With benefits like that, people should laugh at least once or twice a day. It’s also a good reason to help the people around you laugh more. So head out there and learn some new jokes, and then spread the word about this holiday.
Some Funny Facts About Laughing
We always like to provide our readers with some random bits of trivia related to whatever holiday is being celebrated, and this holiday article is no different. We’ve come up with some fun facts about laughing we think that everyone can appreciate. We think that they’re good for at least a good laugh.
- Laughing is so ingrained into human nature, babies as young as 17-days old have been seen doing it.
- Rats and monkeys both make sounds that can be interpreted as laughing.
- Couples who laugh together are more likely to stay together.
- Approximately 15-minutes of laughing can burn up to 40-calories.
- Laughing can improve immunity, and improve sleep.
- Laughing has been shown to be contagious.
- Laughter is a human sound that doesn’t belong to any language.
- It’s believed that humans laughed before they even developed language.
Observing National Let’s Laugh Day
We figure that the best way to observe this holiday is to spread some humor and laughter around your social circle.
It’s a good day to watch a comedy special or movie with friends and family or to entertain them with your own stand-up act. If you want to spread the word about this holiday, you may also want to use the hashtag #NationalLetsLaughDay on your social media posts.