|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|St. Joseph's Day||Multiple [Show]||Multiple Types|
|National Poultry Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Chocolate Caramel Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Let’s Laugh Day||-||Unofficial (Fun & Joy)|
|National Certified Nurses Day||-||Unofficial (Work & Occupation)|
|Mothering Sunday||United Kingdom||Observance|
Historical Events on March 19
- 1865: The Battle of Bentonville starts during the American Civil War. It would lead to the retreat of Confederate forces two days later.
- 1895: The first footage taken using the cinematograph is taken by Louis and Auguste Lumiere.
- 1918: Separate Time Zones and Daylight Savings Time is established by the United States Congress.
- 1920: The U.S Senate once again rejects the Treaty of Versailles after rejecting it for the first time on November 19th, 1919.
- 1931: Nevada legalizes gambling.
- 1941: The Tuskegee Airmen – also known as the 99th Pursuit Squadron – is activated by the United States Army Air Corps during World War II.
- 1943: Frank Nitti commits suicide at the Chicago Central Railyard.
- 1944: Hungary becomes occupied by German forces during World War II.
- 1945: A dive bomber hits the aircraft carrier the USS Franklin off of Japan’s coast during WWII.
- 1945: Adolf Hitler orders all industries in Germany to be destroyed.
- 1965: Over 100 years after its destruction, the wreck of the SS Georgiana is discovered by E. Lee Spence.
- 1979: Day-to-day business of the United States House of Representatives begins being broadcast on C-SPAN on this day.
- 2008: Cosmic ray burst GRB 080319B was briefly visible to the naked eye on this day.
- 2013: Over 240 people were injured and almost 100 were killed during a series of shootings and bombings in Iraq.
- 2016: 36 people are injured and 5 are killed during an explosion in Taksim Square in Istanbul, Turkey.
Famous Birthdays on March 19
- Scottish explorer and missionary, David Livingstone is born in 1813.
- American lawman and sheriff, Wyatt Earp is born in 1848.
- American lieutenant, jurist and 14th Chief Justice of the U.S., Earl Warren is born in 1891.
- American actor and producer, Bruce Willis is born in 1955.
- English singer-songwriter Terry Hall is born in 1959.
- Canadian actress Rachel Blanchard is born in 1976.