Shopping Reminder Day is a holiday that’s observed on November 25th every year and reminds everyone that Christmas is only a month away. It’s a holiday that takes place on or around Black Friday – depending on the year. For some people, this makes it the perfect time to start their holiday shopping, and for other people, it’s just a reminder of the commercialization of the Christmas holidays. So we guess whether a person decided to celebrate this holiday is dependent on their point of view. For us, we’re going to use the holiday to plan our future holiday shopping. How about you?
Interesting Facts About Holiday Shopping
What better trivia to present to everyone celebrating Shopping Reminder Day than listing some of the interesting, and sometimes disturbing, facts we’ve learned about holiday shopping. Let’s open the following facts and check them out.
- Holiday sales in 2020 were over $755 billion.
- The average Christmas shopper will spend over $1,150 on gifts.
- Approximately 1 out of 5 Millennials say that they don’t like holiday shopping.
- It’s been estimated that 50% of the gifts given each year include clothing of some sort.
- Approximately 30% of people start before Black Friday (even before Shopping Reminder Day).
- The average pet owner will spend $70 on their pet’s Christmas gifts each year.
Observing Shopping Reminder Day
For anyone wishing to observe this holiday, they can do so in a number of different ways. They can make a list of gifts that they want to buy for all of their friends, family members, and coworkers. Two, they can figure out their budget for what they can spend on gifts this year. And finally, they can start a secret Santa gift exchange at work on this day. While celebrating this holiday, everyone should use the hashtag #ShoppingReminderDay to encourage everyone to get their holiday shopping done.
When is Shopping Reminder Day?
|This year (2022)||November 25 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2023)||November 25 (Saturday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2021)||November 25 (Thursday)||Multiple dates - more|