|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Armed Forces' Day|| Myanmar|| Public Holiday|
- 1794: A permanent navy is established by the U.S Government and 6 frigates are authorized to be built.
- 1794: A neutrality compact is drawn up between Sweden and Denmark.
- 1814: At the Battle of Horseshoe Bend during the War of 1812, General Andrew Jackson leads U.S troops against Creek Indians in Alabama. American forces are victorious.
- 1866: The Civil Rights Act of 1866 is vetoed by U.S President Andrew Johnson. However, his veto is overridden by the United States Congress and it becomes law on April 9th.
- 1886: The Apache warrior Geronimo surrenders to the United States Army.
- 1941: The pro-Axis government is overturned in Yugoslavia by Air Force officers in that country during World War II.
- 1943:S Naval forces intercept Japanese forces that were trying to reinforce the garrison at Kiska in the Alaskan Aleutian islands. This begins the Battle of the Komandorski Islands during WWII.
- 1945: Operation Starvation begins during World War II. During this operation, Allied forces dropped mines from planes into the ports and waterways of Japan.
- 1945: Argentina declares war on the Axis Powers.
- 1980: When Nelson Bunker Hunt and William Herbert Hunt attempt to corner the silver market, a panic ensues on the commodity and futures exchanges and silver prices steeply dropped. This event would eventually be known as Silver Thursday.
- 1998: Viagra is approved as a treatment for male impotence by the Food and Drug Administration on this day.
- American General and Medal of Honor recipient, Adolphus Greely is born in 1844.
- German physicist and Nobel Prize laureate, Wilhelm Rontgen is born in 1845.
- Jewish-German chemist and Nobel Prize laureate, Otto Wallach is born in 1847.
- American actress Gloria Swanson is born in 1899.
- American illustrator and screenwriter Carl Banks is born in 1901.
- American screenwriter, director, actor and producer, Quentin Tarantino is born in 1963.
- American actress Pauley Perrette is born in 1969.
- American actress Elizabeth Mitchell is born in 1970.