National Peaches ‘N’ Cream Day
If you’re looking for something to do on the 21st day of June, then allow us to make a suggestion. We suggest that you celebrate National Peaches N’ Cream Day. This is a holiday on which people can enjoy the beautiful combination of sweet ripe peaches and wholesome cream.
It’s a combination so popular it’s featured in countless food items from oatmeal to alcoholic beverages. It’s also a combination that’s been enjoyed for at least 100-years, if not longer. And because this day falls at the beginning of summer, it’s a refreshing way to kick off the season.
Some Juicy Facts About Peaches
If you’ll excuse the pun, we would now like to talk about some of the juicy facts about peaches that we found on the World Wide Web. The following facts will likely prove to be interesting to anyone observing this holiday, so let’s take a good look at them.
- Peaches originated in China and have been cultivated for at least 3,000+ years.
- Romans called peaches Persian Apples.
- The largest producer of peaches in the world is China. The second-largest peach producer is Italy.
- In the U.S., Georgia is known as the Peach State.
- The peach is a member of the rose family.
- Approximately half of all of the peaches grown in the UI.S are grown in California.
- Peaches were brought to South America by Spanish colonists.
- The French introduced peaches to Louisiana and the English introduced them to the Massachusetts colony.
Observing National Peaches N’ Cream Day
We think that this holiday is pretty easy to celebrate. All you have to do is to enjoy some peaches n’ cream products or try making your own peaches and cream. To make this delicious dessert all you have to have are ripe peaches, sugar, and heavy cream.
And that’s all you need to make a dessert that will have everyone talking. After you have made this dessert, take a photo of it and share it with the world using the hashtag #PeachesNCreamDay.