National Underwear Day is a holiday that’s celebrated on August 5th every year and is used as a day to honor one of the most intimate pieces of apparel that many of us will wear: underwear. On this day, people can wear their favorite boxers, tighty-whities, panties, or any other type of undergarment they want to wear. It’s also a good day for people who are considering a bit of a change to move to a different type of underwear—if they so desire.
The History Of National Underwear Day
National Underwear Day is a holiday that was first invented, not surprisingly, by a company called Freshpair—a company that sells men’s and women’s undergarments. They founded the holiday in 2003 and ever since then it has slowly gained popularity with the general public.
Fun Facts About Underwear
Although most people don’t give much thought to the underwear they’re wearing, undergarments can actually be very fascinating. So fascinating that we were able to list plenty of fun facts for our friends to enjoy. Let’s delve into some of these underwear facts before we move on to finding out how to celebrate this holiday.
- Approximately 10% Of All Women Have More Than 30+ Pairs of Underwear.
- The Average American Woman Has More Than 20 Pairs Of Underwear.
- On New Years Day In Italy, It’s Considered Lucky For Women To Wear Red Underwear.
- 10% Of American Women Have Confessed To Not Wearing Underwear At One Point In Public.
- It’s Been Estimated That Approximately 10% Of American Men Have Underwear Older Than A Decade.
- Physicians Recommend Changing Underwear Daily To Avoid Urinary Tract Infections.
- Almost 50% Of Women Say They Wear Underwear To Bed.
How To Celebrate National Underwear Day
Probably the best way for anyone to celebrate this holiday is by going out and buying a new pair of undergarments. These undergarments can be a brand or type that the person normally enjoys, or they can be something totally different if the person is looking for a change. Another way to celebrate this holiday is by tossing out some of the holey pairs of underwear that exist in your underwear drawer. And yes, we’re sure that just about everyone has at least one pair of underwear with holes in it.
Another way to celebrate National Underwear Day is by posting your favorite underwear pics or jokes on social media using the hashtag #NationalUnderwearDay. After all, you just bought a new pair of underwear, so why not share them with the world.
And the last way to celebrate this holiday is to buy or check-out a book on underwear. It might sound funny, but there are several undergarments themed books about there. Don’t believe us? Well, check out some of the underwear themed books that we’ve found:
- Captain Underpants By Dav Pilkey
- Goodnight Underwear By Todd Doodler
- Underwear! By Jenn Harney
- Dinosaurs Love Underpants By Claire Freedman
When is National Underwear Day?
|This year (2021)||August 5 (Thursday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Next year (2022)||August 5 (Friday)||Multiple dates - more|
|Last year (2020)||August 5 (Wednesday)||Multiple dates - more|