|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Battle of Rivas||Costa Rica||National Holiday|
|National Pet Day||-||Unofficial (Animals)|
|National Barber Shop Quartet Day||-||Unofficial (Art & Entertainment)|
|National Submarine Day||-||Unofficial (Products & Technology )|
|National Eight Track Tape Day||-||Unofficial (Art & Entertainment, Products & Technology )|
|National Cheese Fondue Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Yom HaAliyah||Israel||Official Holiday, Business As Usual|
Historical Events on April 11
- 1809: The U.K and France engage in the Battle of the Basque Roads Naval Battle.
- 1814: The War of the 6th Coalition end with the Treaty of Fontainbleau; Napoleon Bonaparte is forced to unconditionally abdicate.
- 1868: The Tokugawa shogunate comes to an end when Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial Forces.
- 1881: In Atlanta, Georgia, the Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary is founded. It would later become Spelman College.
- 1908: The Imperial German Navy launches its last armored cruiser known as the SMS Blucher.
- 1909: Tel Aviv is established.
- 1945: Buchenwald Concentration Camp is liberated by American troops during World War II.
- 1951: General Douglas MacArthur is relieved of his command as General of the Army in Korea by U.S President Harry Truman.
- 1961: The Adolf Eichmann trial begins in the city of Jerusalem. Eichmann was a Nazi SS-Obersturmbannführe and organizer of the Holocaust during World War II.
- 1968: The Civil Rights Act of 1968 is signed by U.S President Lyndon B. Johnson. This act prohibites discrimination in the financing, rental or sale of housing.
- 1970: NASA launches Apollo 13.
- 1971: Apple I is made.
- 1981: Over three hundred police and sixty-five civilians are injured during a riot in Brixton, South London.
- 1986: A gun battle erupts between two armored car robbers and FBI agents in Dade County, Florida. 2 FBI agents are killed and another 5 are wounded.
Famous Birthdays on April 11
- Norwegian sculptor and designer of the Nobel Peace Prize Medal, Gustav Vigeland is born in 1869.
- American occultist and Church of Satan founder, Anton LaVey is born in 1930.
- American actor Joel Grey is born in 1932.
- English actor Ron Pember is born in 1934.
- American actor Vincent Gallo is born in 1961.
- American actress Jennifer Esposito is born in 1973.
- American actress Kelli Garner is born in 1984.
- Australian footballer Will Minson is born in 1985.
- American sprinter Torrin Lawrence is born in 1989.
- South African footballer Thulani Serero is born in 1990.