|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Alexander Graham Bell Day||-||Unofficial (Science)|
|National Cereal Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Be Heard Day||-||Unofficial (Activity & Action)|
|National Crown of Roast Pork Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|Purim||Multiple [Show]||Multiple Types|
|Town Meeting Day||United States (Vermont)||State Holiday|
|Purim (Tel Aviv)||Israel||Local Holiday|
|Lailat al Bara'ah||-||Islamic|
Historical Events on March 7
- 1850: U.S Senator Daniel Webster gives a speech endorsing the 1850 Compromise in an attempt to prevent a civil war.
- 1862: During the American Civil War, Confederate forces are beaten by Union troops at Pea Ridge in Arkansas.
- 1876: A patent is granted to Alexander Graham Bell for the telephonbe.
- 1900: The first ship to send wireless signals to shore is the German sea liner, the SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse.
- 1936: Germany reoccupies the Rhineland in a clear violation of the Treaty of Versailles and the Locarno Pact.
- 1945: The Ludendorff Bridge over the Rhine River at the town of Remagen is captured by American forces.
- 1965: 600 civil rights marchers are brutally attacked by local and state police in Selma, Alabama. This day would later be marked as Bloody Sunday.
- 1968: Operation Truong Cong Dinh is begun by U.S and South Vietnamese forces to expose Viet Cong force around My Tho.
- 1985: The song “We Are the World” and the charity single is released on an international basis on this day. It would go on to become the fastest selling pop single in history.
Famous Birthdays on March 7
- Italian actress Anna Magnani is born in 1908.
- American psychologist Morton Bard is born in 1924.
- American actor Daniel J. Travanti is born in 1940.
- American actor and director, Bryan Cranston is born in 1956.
- American actress and singer, Donna Murphy is born in 1959.
- American actor Peter Sarsgaard in 1971.
- American actress Jenna Fischer is born in 1974.