|Holiday name||Holiday location||Holiday type|
|Independence Day||Brazil||National Holiday|
|Victory Day||Mozambique||Public Holiday|
|Constitution Day||Fiji||Public Holiday|
|National Beer Lover’s Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Neither Snow Nor Rain Day||-||Unofficial (Work & Occupation)|
|National Grandma Moses Day||-||Unofficial (Art & Entertainment)|
|National Acorn Squash Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Salami Day||-||Unofficial (Food & Drinks)|
|National Grateful Patient Day||-||Unofficial (Appreciation & Honor, Work & Occupation)|
|Jeune Genevois||Switzerland (Geneva)||Common Local Holiday|
Historical Events on September 7
- 1778: France invades Dominica in the British West Indies during the American Civil War.
- 1812: The Battle of Borodino is fought between France and Russia and is considered to be one of the bloodies battles of the Napoleonic Wars.
- 1818: Carl III of Sweden becomes the king of Norway.
- 1864: Union General William Sherman orders the evacuation of Atlanta on this day during the American Civil War.
- 1876: The James-Younger Gang, led by Jesse James, attempts to rob a bank in the town of Northfield, Minnesota but armed citizens drive them off.
- 1923: INTERPOL (The International Criminal Police Organization) is created.
- 1927: Philo Farnsworth invents the image dissector – which makes electronic televisions possible.
- 1936: At Hobart Zoo in Tasmania, the last thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger) dies alone in his cage. The animal’s name was Benjamin.
- 1940: The Blitz is begun by the Germans as the Luftwaffe bomb London and other British targets for almost two months.
- 1943: The German 17th Army moves across the Strait of Kerch to the Crimea and evacuates the Kuban bridgehead in Southern Russia.
- 1945: Japanese forces surrender to the United States Marines on Wake Island. Japanese forces had held the island since December of 1941.
Famous Birthdays on September 7
- German physicist August Toepler is born in 1836.
- American zoologist Edward Asahel Birge is born in 1851.
- American painter Grandma Moses is born in 1860.
- American director and producer Samuel Goldwyn Jr. is born in 1926.
- American voice actor Don Messick is born in 1926.
- American singer-songwriter Buddy Holly is born in 1936.
- American actor John Phillip Law is born in 1937.
- Italian screenwriter, director and producer Dario Argento is born in 1940.
- American rapper and producer Easy E is born in 1963.